The City of St. Albans Park and Recreation Department is currently seeking applicants for Lifeguard positions for the upcoming pool season. Several positions are available. See the information below regarding the position.
- Overseeing activities at an aquatic facility.
- Explaining and enforcing rules, regulations, and policies to ensure the safety of patrons.
- Monitoring designated areas to recognize signs of danger.
- Maintaining order in swimming areas.
- Responding to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Performing first aid procedures.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of all areas.
- Maintaining records and reports.
- Monitoring filtration systems, testing water samples, and making chemical adjustments to achieve water balance.
- Handling money during gate and concession operations.
- 16 years of age or older.
- Completion of lifeguard training.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- AED certification preferred.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in interacting with people of various ages from diverse backgrounds.
- Available to work shifts.
- Physically fit, strong, agile, and dexterous.
Pay and Benefits:
- $9.25 hour beginning pay. Pay raises for returning for the next season and assuming leadership responsibilities.
- Suit and shirts provided.
- Opportunities to work private parties and to provide swim lessons for additional compensation.